Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Tasty Tuna Burgers


~ Tasty Tuna Burgers ~

(this recipe makes four large burgers)

3 cans of tuna fish
(I always have the small cans on hand so I use three.)

2 tablespoons finely chopped onion

1 cup bread crumbs
(I've mentioned this before, but I make my own. No one in the family eats the heels of a loaf so I always put those in the freezer. When I need bread crumbs, I toss them in my mini food processor and give it a whirl.)

1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1 egg

1/3 cup of mayonnaise

salt and pepper to taste


Mix all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.



I like to coat my burgers with instant potato flakes. This makes a really nice crust on the outside. You can use flour instead. Coating the burgers helps hold them together since they are very delicate and fall apart easily.



Heat oil in a skillet. Place burgers in hot oil. Cook on each side until golden brown. The ones in the picture below are a bit too light. I should have let them cook longer on that side. They hold together better if they're cooked longer.



We don't eat our tuna burgers as "burgers" with the traditional bun. We just like to eat them as they are. I served these with sugar snap peas and some garlic bread.



Of course - Connor wouldn't eat them. So, what did he have?? The same thing he has eaten just about every day of his food eating life.



Peanut butter and jelly.

Thank goodness the boy loves fruit.

1 comment:

  1. You've been busy as all get out. The tuna burgers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.