Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Portuguese Kale Soup

Today I made Portuguese Kale soup thanks to the chorizo given to Chuck by a co-worker. It came out really well, if I do say so myself. Much better than I thought it would be. I used Rachael Ray's recipe, although I didn't follow it exactly.





Earlier in the day, I made some bread in the bread machine to go with dinner and it was so tasty! I've used this particular recipe once before and have been pleased with it both times. I'll post it here for those of you who have a bread machine. It's so easy. The boys didn't stop raving about the bread and said I should make it more often.

Light Oat Bread

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons margarine
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 cups of flour (I used bread flour.)
1/2 cup rolled oats (I always use old fashioned and not instant.)
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Add ingredients to your pan in the order listed (wet should always go on the bottom). Use the regular light crust setting (mine is the basic setting).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.